Unwanted boxes on Pages

Reaction score
I'm using Pages 4.3 - because I like it much better than anything newer - and I do lots - and I mean lots of word processing. (500k words and counting!) There's one thing present on the page the whole time that I 'd like to get rid of - because it's absolutely getting on my nerves! I hope I can explain what I mean. I've got an auto page numbering function on, as a footer. But whenever my cursor gets anywhere near that footer, I get this box across the bottom of one page, and the top of the next. It disappears if I move the cursor around a bit, but comes back whenever the cursor randomly gets to a certain point. This might seem pretty trivial, but if you do as much writing as I do, it gets in the ****** way far too often. I've tried a number of commands to get rid of it, without success - most of them having to do with formatting the page, but I haven't come up with the answer yet. Can anyone tell me if there's a formatting command that will get rid of this? If I turn off the page numbering (last resort!) would that do the trick?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like the normal way that Pages works. If you hover your pointer over the top/bottom of the page, it "shows/reveals" the header/footer sections to enable you to click in and edit them. If you move your pointer away from them, they disappear. There isn't any way to disable that feature that I am aware of.

C

Ask a Question