Eliminating (And Closing) An Unwanted Program: How ?

Reaction score
Hi again,

I downloaded and installed a program for doing audio equalizations.
They, as expected, have a free version, and a Pro version at cost.

I tried the free, and didn't like it.

I want to eliminate everything having to do with this program from my Mac.

Won't let me.
Keeps saying in an error msg that something is still running, and I have to close that
first before doing any deletion.

But, I can't find anything running.

This is probably a common problem.

How should I handle it ?
Re-boot Mac, which I really don't want to do.

Or ?

Thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
Have you tried logging out and back in?
Is it possible to 'Force Quit' ?
Does the running process appear in the activity monitor? You may be able to quit it from there

Reaction score
For future reference, I use this app to remove all traces of an installed application: https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

I thought I saw someone else here recommending it as well. It is not a "cleaner", it simply removes all traces of the application you tell it to remove.

Reaction score
For future reference, I use this app to remove all traces of an installed application: https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

I thought I saw someone else here recommending it as well. It is not a "cleaner", it simply removes all traces of the application you tell it to remove.
I second that recommendation for AppCleaner, and yes, I was probably guilty of previously recommending it. The best solution I found so far, after the demise of AppDelete. If the errant process still prevents the purge from happening, try rebooting in Safe Mode and running AppCleaner.

Trashing just the main app can create a lot of problems because some apps can have a multitude of associated files which will then be very difficult to track down and delete afterwards. Fortunately, I tested this scenario (removing just the app), and loaded one of the files associated with the app in AppCleaner, and it was able to track down the rest of the files even in the absence of the application itself. But this might not work with all other apps.

Ask a Question