SOLVED Unread mails iMac

Reaction score
Need some more information:

1. What does "goe" mean?
2. What exact Mac OS are you using?
3. Are you using Apple's Mail program, or another one?
4. Are you making backups to an external device?
5. When you delete such EMails, do you want them also permanently removed from your machine?

Reaction score
Thank you for answering me. 1.I mean to get rid of all of them in one clic. You see, I have more than 2000 unread, the rest are red flagged. Which means I have to delete 20-50 a time, many times.....2. Mac OS High Sierra 27inch, late 2009. 3.Apple mail. 4. yes external, but full now. 5. Yes permanently removed

Reaction score
Version 10.13.6 apologize I forgot but think is important for you to know. Thank you again Marty

Reaction score
OK, via a google serach, I found this:

So, it looks like first you'll need to create Smart folders. Also, after such a Smart Folder is populated with all your unread messages, first highlight the first one, then press Command-A (that's usually the command for Select All). Proceed to delete all of them from there.

Not sure if that will permanently remove them from your Mac, but at least they are deleted from your In Box (or wherever you have them). Also, I assume all that will work for High Sierra. The link I provided is for Mavericks.

Last edited:

Ask a Question