Emails Connection Logging

Reaction score
Connection logging has been enabled on my MAC. While this is very useful at times it can be difficult when you only want to forward one page from a continuous thread. Is there any way just one message can be copied from a thread without losing the whole thread?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Connection Logging shouldn't affect replying/forwarding email, as it is used to troubleshoot/log email server connections. Are you having a connectivity issue with your email provider?

When forwarding an email from within a conversation, you can click on the email to forward and delete the other parts that it adds. Or, disable Organize by Conversation mode, and forward the individual email from there.

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory
Will try those out and let you know. I'm not very tech. If I try your first suggestion "deleting the other parts" will it just be for that time, ie will a full copy of the initial conversation remain in my in box?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK

If you select an email, then click forward, you can delete the text in the draft before sending. That will only affect the email you are composing, not the original, since a copy is made when you forward.

Make sense?

C

Ask a Question