Mail suddenly stopped showing the number of unread messages adjacent to my tray mail icon

Reaction score
I had to restore the HD on my iMac today and restored it to a time just three hours prior. Since the restoration, everything seems to function normally with the exception that when a new message comes into my inbox, it does not show a number adjacent to the mail icon on my tray. My iPad still shows the number of unread messages, but of course I did nothing to change that. How can I restore that feature to mail - I don't seem to find any setup options that would seem to be set contrary to showing the number of unread messages. I still get the chime when an new email arrives, and of course it is sitting in my in box, but the icon shows no number adjacent to it as it always has.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
In Mail Prefs under the General Tab there is a pull-down menu & a check box for the Dock Unread Count. This is for Mac OS X 10.7.5. Can't say this hasn't been altered in future OS releases as nowadays it's all about Badges etc but look in Prefs under General or Notifications

Reaction score
In Mail Prefs under the General Tab there is a pull-down menu & a check box for the Dock Unread Count. This is for Mac OS X 10.7.5. Can't say this hasn't been altered in future OS releases as nowadays it's all about Badges etc but look in Prefs under General or Notifications
Thanks my friend, problem solved!

Ask a Question