Mail suddenly slow... can I blame the new router?

Reaction score
I've been using Mail on my Macbook Pro (10.4.11) for years, no problems. We replaced our router with a Dlink G604T on the weekend and now Mail seems unbelievably slow. It takes about 5 minutes for my inbox to load, after previously being instananeous and today beachballed for 5 minutes every time I tried to add a 600kb word doc to an email, although they did attach and send eventually. I rang Dlink but they said it was nothing to do with the router, a timing coincidence and a problem with the Mac. Firefox is working fine and only marginally slower than before. What do you think?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

tricky one... Have you still got the old router ? Is it slow with that ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric. I plugged the old one back in today and mail is back to its usual cheery, fast, efficient self. Tried emailing a number of docs of various sizes and they all loaded instantly. unfortunately though, that router belongs to my exhousemate and my other housemate has replaced it with the dlink... is it possible that maybe i've got some setting wrong somewhere?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

at least that proves your Mac/PC are okay. Yes thge chances are there is a setting wrong, but it's tricky to see what it is without being able to see how it's set up !

Can you do a screen grab from each tab of the dlink admin panel...and email them to me (e-mail address removed)

regards

Ric

Ask a Question