Transferring Text Docs to iPad's iBooks?

Reaction score
I've done it in the past.. a few years ago and can't remember the process..
I've created music sheets which comprise lyrics and chords in Pages which I modify to PDF's on my MAC.

I want to remember how to transfer them to my iPad's iBooks. They look like the example below. I have many dozens of these files which were in alphabetical order on my old iPad so I could scroll to a tune.. or create folders for a 'set'. Just can't remember how to do it.

I don't remember doing it thru iTunes.. but maybe I did.....

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Ain't She Sweet.pdf
    149.2 KB · Views: 378
Reaction score
Thanks again Cory.. I'll check it out..... OK, went there and am having my novice troubles.

First, I found all of the PDF documents I created a few years ago in my iBooks when I went to the Launchpad. I had one tune that I had updated and saved in my MAC tunes folder. I dragged it to the MAC iBooks folder.. and it was copied there replacing the prior version. However , I noticed that all the tunes I had there had an "author" of me (Harley). This newly imported file shows an "unknown author", so, I must have gotten the tunes into iBooks slightly differently. No harm no foul.. but it isn't consistent. Maybe you know that answer.

Now, the main problem.. OK, I have all the tunes in iBooks on my MAC.. but, when I open iTunes, I don't see iBooks there. I'm not even a novice at iTunes.. so I don't know how to be able to get my iBooks to sync. When I open iTunes, I see My Podcasts, My Stations, Playlists and iTunes Store along the top center. In the left corner I see < > , music icon, podcast icon, ... which includes movies, tv shows, iTunes U, etc and finally an iPhone icon. I don't know where to go from there.

Thanks again...

Last edited:

Ask a Question