Tired of re-downloading songs.

Reaction score
Why do I have to periodically re-download songs onto my phone? I think this is wrong, because I bought the songs and so should be able to access them whenever I want to. I want to know what Apple's justification is.
And what can I do to stop this from happening again? For example, are there any good third-party MP3 players I could use?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

This isn't normal behavior and shouldn't happen unless you either delete the songs on the iPhone manually, or when syncing with iTunes.

-Which version of iOS on the iPhone?
-Do you ever sync the songs from your computer (is this a Mac) to the iPhone via iTunes?
-There aren't any other audio players that are compatible with iTunes purchased music.

C

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello.

This isn't normal behavior and shouldn't happen unless you either delete the songs on the iPhone manually, or when syncing with iTunes.

-Which version of iOS on the iPhone?
-Do you ever sync the songs from your computer (is this a Mac) to the iPhone via iTunes?
-There aren't any other audio players that are compatible with iTunes purchased music.

C
It's iOS 8.1, and I almost always sync the songs from my Mac. Sometimes when I have to re-download them I use wifi.
Before this incident I did plug my phone into my computer, but it was to download a song I had converted to MP3 from a record, so I did not do anything to the other songs.
Why can't other players play MP3s like iTunes does?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-Does your iPhone support the latest version of iOS?

Other players can play MP3 files and audio files not purchased via iTunes. You would need a piece of software other than iTunes to sync them to a third-party audio player. Many other brands of tablets and phones have their own music library, store, and syncing application.

C

Reaction score
-Does your iPhone support the latest version of iOS?

Other players can play MP3 files and audio files not purchased via iTunes. You would need a piece of software other than iTunes to sync them to a third-party audio player. Many other brands of tablets and phones have their own music library, store, and syncing application.

C
I beleive it does support the latest version, but I choose not to upgrade since I'd rather use my memory for songs and photos.
I have GarageBand on my computer. If I drag a song from iTunes to there, then save the project as an MP3, will the song lose its connection to iTunes and thus be usable by other players?

Reaction score
And I guess I should also clarify that by "third-party MP3 player," I mean a different app for my phone.

Ask a Question