Downloading videos from iCloud using iPhoto

LizD

Reaction score
I am having some issues with iPhoto (this is version 10.11.6). My library storied in iCloud is quite large, around 3000 photos and short videos.

Problem one: when I wish to import photos, in my 'import' folder I find a massive jumbled list of repeats from the past 5 years; usually over 200 of these, plus the four or five genuinely recent photos that I actually want to import. There appears to be no option to deselect the jumbled mess, and sometimes when I do import, my computer disk space becomes full and I have to manually delete all the extras. Any ideas as to what might be going on here?

Problem two: I am trying to download some short videos from iCloud using iPhoto, 4-6 minutes each, onto my computer. It tells me: "An internet connection is required to download a larger version of these items for exporting". This would be fine if I actually needed to connect to the internet; however, the reality is I am on decent broadband wifi and should not have any problems. Also fine if the files are just large and it'll take a while to import them; however it seems that the program is just not even trying. Nor can I transfer the files to any social media, dropbox, google drive, etc. Any way I can get the app to cooperate better?

Kind regards

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS - 10.11.6?
-Is it iPhoto or Photos, and which version?
-What is/are the source(s) of the images/videos?

C

Ask a Question