Time Capsule + Bittorrent = FRUSTRATION!!!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have read every post about this and I am sure I've done everything right, but I STILL cannot pass the NAT/Firewall test on Azureus. I even got an Apple rep to help me for an hour and a half and he didn't understand why it wasn't working either!!! I am running Leopard 10.5.2, and I have a 500 GB Time Capsule. I am using the latest version of Airport Utility. Here's a summary of what I've done (trying lots of different valid IP addresses and port numbers):

1. In Network Prefs, made sure I am using a manually configured static IP address (10.0.1.201, etc.)

2. In Airport Utility, made sure I am sharing single IP address using NAT and DHCP.

3. In Port Mapping, checked the NAT enable box and opened ports in a variety of ranges (for ex, 6881-6889) both public and private, both UDP and TCP (filling in all 4 fields, in other words) AND made sure the IP address matched the static one I was using in Network Prefs.

4. Made sure no firewall was set up in Security panel of System prefs.

5. Just for good measure, in addition to updating and restarting my time capsule/network prefs, also restarted Azureus - and later, entire computer just to be sure...

and whammo - each and EVERY time, I go back to Azureus, run the NAT/Firewall test using the port I just opened, and am told it failed and that the port is in fact closed.

WTF?????? I have been working on this for 2 days and I am losing it! My old Airport Extreme worked fine. Now, no matter what I do....nothing. Will I never see a green smiley again? Please help!!!! :eek:

Holly

Reaction score
Hello Holly and Welcome!

Who is your internet service provider? Do you live in the US? Do you have Comcast?

Actually, I believe the port #s are 6881-6999. Try the new numbers. Also, if you are still failing, try these ports in place of 6881-6999, try 49125-65535 for UDP and TCP. I am using the latter numbers and they seem to work fine for me, perfectly. Try those new numbers in port mapping and let us know how it goes for you.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Thanks for your response, Searay. I tried all the ports you suggested... and still, no dice! I even downloaded a new copy of Azureus just in case there was a glitch in the application. I can't understand it. My ISP is Verizon Fios, but I don't think that could have anything to do with it, because they were my ISP when I was using my Airport Extreme, which worked fine on this issue. I guess it must be the time capsule and/or the leopard OS, because those are the only things I've changed. And yeah, I'm in the U.S - I live in New York City. Where you can get Chinese food delivered to your door at 3 in the morning, but apparently no torrents! Grrrrrr. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help!
Holly

Ask a Question