Airport Express and Time capsule

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DAR400, Jan 11, 2016.

1. DAR400

DAR400 New Member

Hi all,

i have recently purchased an Airport Express (2015) to extend my wireless network via the Time capsule (2014). I followed the on screen interactions to extend the network wirelessly. All seemed to connect fine though after a few seconds the Time capsule then dropped out,this then came back and the two were working together for a few seconds then they both dropped out. I am looking at the airport utility from my iMac and have the following connection pictures Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 18.57.47.png Screen Shot 2016-01-02 at 17.55.45.png Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 18.57.10.png

What am i doing wrong as this seemed so simple, the Express is well in range of the Time Capsule, I have reset the Express and tried the set up again though is not becoming a little annoying !
    the last picture shows the Time Capsule name as just Lalivou though this is the same as I changed the name of the base today and the picture is from my last attempt.

thanks in advance.

DAR400, Jan 11, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. DAR400

Cory Cooper Moderator

Hello and welcome.

Normally, this setup is fairly simple to setup. However, it can go awry as you have experienced.

-Does your network work normally if only the Time Capsule is setup and powered on?
    -Are you setting up the Express when it is in the same room as the Time Capsule.
    -Which versions of Time Capsule an AirPort Express - the current shipping models?
    -Which version of OS X?
    -Are both AirPort devices up to date with the latest firmware?
    -There are no Ethernet cables connected to the Express, correct?

C

Cory Cooper, Jan 24, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question