AirPort Time Capsule Question

Reaction score
Hi, I recently installed a 2T unit for my Mac. It's working great ( love the WiFi!) and backing up everything as I hoped. My question is this...do I need another software to protect what is being copied, or is it all good as it is. I know a stupid question, but I'm new to Mac's and what to do the right thing, so to speak. Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I am not clear on what you are asking.

-Do you mean when your data is being backed up to the Time Capsule over Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
-Do you mean the backup data itself on the Time Capsule?

C

Reaction score
Cory, thanks for your reply...yeah, I wasn't very clear and for that I apologize. It's because I don't really know much about Time Capsule other than the obvious. I have looked for a manual as how to best understand and use it but have never really found a Nuts and Bolts description on how it works. Anyway, I think what I'm asking is....If I'm running a virus program on my Mac, it should be protecting what is being copied on the TC, yes? Thanks again Cory.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No problem...just wanted to make sure I answered you correctly.

You really don;t need to run an antivirus on your Mac. However, if it checks your Mac's hard drive and doesn't find anything, then you are safe as far as what is then backed up to the Time Capsule. There really isn;t a way to check the Time Capsule/Time Machine backup, or scan i for viruses.

Simply put, let the Time Capsule do its thing and you should be good.

C

Ask a Question