SSD not found while trying to Re-Install Mac OS X

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, that is the Recovery Partition.

I did a quick search, and that seems to be a common error when the drive cable/connector is bad. Not saying that it couldn't be an SSD failure either.

You mentioned your girlfriend has the same model, and you had tried her SSD, and it would not startup. Because of that, I am pretty sure it is the drive connector. The A1502 model could be a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), or MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). I believe those all have the same storage connector and no cable, so it actually may be the logic board itself.

It will require a repair, but you could also try an external USB/Thunderbolt drive and install Yosemite there. You can use the MBP when started up from an external. That may be a much more inexpensive way to continue using it.

C

Reaction score
Thanks alot for your replies, I really appreciate your assistance.

Indeed this device does not have any storage connector / cable, It's just a slide in storage type, Just like the RAM sticks... Is there some guide regarding this USB / Thunderbolt online or maybe you can give me some more details about it.

Reaction score
If there was hardware failure of some kind, why would the drive it show up in disk utility back in post #5?

Ask a Question