How To Wipe An SSD Drive From A Dead MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
Hello:

My 2012 MacBook Pro has a fried circuit board etc., won't power up, I'm selling it for parts. That said, the SSD drive is good so... what is the best/easiest way to wipe the drive before selling it?

thanks!

chef

#wipeSSDdrive #eraseSSD. #wipeharddrive

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

The only way to access the SSD would be to remove it and install it in an external case, and connect it to a working Mac.

C

Reaction score
Well may I say you are great - I've looked all over the internet and nobody mentioned that anywhere I could find, or so simply. I'm assuming there are internal cases available via Amazon etc

THANK YOU

Reaction score
Again - good stuff sir. I actually know Larry O'Connor of OWC a bit (he's from my neck of the woods, near-ish Chicago (Woodstock IL). Nice guy, great company, he lives in Austin TX these days - they bought a nice building right downtown (doing well it would seem).

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

I have done a lot of business with OWC over the years...I agree they are a great company. It's always nice to have an "in". ;)

C

Ask a Question