[SOLVED] Visual Abnormality

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new mac user and I have a small problem with certain progress indicator windows. The problem seems to afflict a few different windows but the two I've notice so far are the archive utility and the disk utility. The "abnormality" In question is a scrollbar area (with no scrollbar) as well as a resize handle running along the right side of the window for no apparent reason.

Here is a window grab:

Screen.jpg

I would be very appreciative to anyone that can shed some light on this bug, or even better, tell how I can rid my mac of this affliction.

karazelle

Reaction score
Re: Visual Abnormality

That is not a bug on your system. They are like that IIRC

Reaction score
Re: Visual Abnormality

Thank you for your reply. Since this is something normal I will not worry about it, I thought it was just mine that looked this way, but if everyone has this then I'm going on about nothing. Thanks again for your reply.

karazelle

Reaction score
I have dug a little more, and the reason you see that window is that some of these windows, like burn CD/DVD, copy files etc, allows for more than one operation at a time (i.e. burn to two different optical drives at once etc). I copied a lot of files from one network volume at work to another while moving files from another network volume to my Mac while dragging a document over to a usb stick. Some of these progress indicators then stacked. I am not entirely sure what rules decide when they stack or not, just wanted to add this observation. :)

--
Add: I could reproduce this by starting the archiving of 3 somewhat big folders at a time. The compressions stacked.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot I greatly appreciate the help. Now at least I know it's not anything to worry about. Just thought it was something that had happened.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question