[SOLVED] how to erase everything on MacbookPro before selling it

Reaction score
What sequence of steps to wipe harddisk clean of my MacbookPro running on Tiger and install new OSX Snowleopard - I have the CD.
Thanks so much

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Re: how to erase everything on MacbookPro before selling it

What type of Snow Leopard disc do you have? If your mac originally came with Tiger pre-installed then you will need the Retail Snow Leopard disc.

Read through this Apple article:

Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5: About installation options

Here are another couple of good links to read through:

Leopard How-to: Clean install

How to format my Mac and install Snow Leopard from scratch?

As you probably know, you can go straight from Tiger to Snow Leopard ... leap-frogging over Leopard.

So just make sure you have a good back-up of your important files, photos, music, docs etc.

If you need anymore help, just return here and I'll keep a watch on this thread.

Cheers,

Marty

Reaction score

Thanks so much Marty! I have the retail version of Snow Leopard and everything went fine using the sources you suppliied
chivis

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score

Thanks so much Marty! I have the retail version of Snow Leopard and everything went fine using the sources you suppliied
chivis

I'm so happy to hear that! Thanks for posting back :)

Reaction score
Tiny but aggra ating problem..see 3rd word. Can not type the letter between u and w. Can cut and paste a sentence with this letter in one of the words, no problem, but can not type it from the keyboard. Not dirty, no liquid spilled, am ery careful. Amazing how many words ha e "that" letter in them. Just two small points: the space for the letter does not e en occur; that is something I am typing in; and, no other letter on the keyboard has this problem. Any ideas, please? Grateful for help.

Ask a Question