SOLVED: Problems with Finder

Reaction score
Hi. I have for the last two days experienced problems with Finder.

When I open up a window, it only works for a short time, like for a couple of clicks. Then it freeze. Either the Finder window goes blank, black, or nothing happens when I click on the files. I cannot go between the catalogues or anything.
The strange thing is than in the bottom bar (where you see the path) it shows that I'm actually moving up and down in the catalogues, but either the files does not show at all, or the window has frozen to it's last image. However, if I click in the frozen window, files are selected somehow. I cannot preview them with the space bar, but if I double click, files open (without me knowing which files, since I don't see any files marqued in the window...)

The only thing that helps is by relaunching Finder via Terminal (killall Finder). I've tried to restart the computer, shut it down, and gone through the system with OnyX. Nothing helps.

Please, can anyone give me a tip on what to do?

I have a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.9.5.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't respond to you sooner. Glad you solved the issue and thanks for letting us know. It may benefit others with similar issues.

C

Ask a Question