trash won't empty "Solved"

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Re: trash won't empty

What did you put in the Trash? Have you tried the Opt key when selecting Empty Trash? Have you tried Secure Empty Trash from the File Menu in Finder? Where did the files come from? Your internal HD or an Ext HD? Are the files small or huge?

You can try this, it's an AppleScript compiled by our very own awesome Walrus666. Just press Run in the top left of the window that opens and enter your Admin Username/Password when prompted.

You can save it to your HD if you think it's solved your issue.

Reaction score

Hi.
For quite some time I've been unable to completely empty my Trash even with using 'empty securely' in the trash screen.

Although most things do get trashed, there are a persistent 104 items that won't budge, even if I check the 'remove all items' box including locked items. As far as I can see there are no important files in the Trash, nor any that I've locked (however that's done).

Any ideas please?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score

Hi.
For quite some time I've been unable to completely empty my Trash even with using 'empty securely' in the trash screen.

Although most things do get trashed, there are a persistent 104 items that won't budge, even if I check the 'remove all items' box including locked items. As far as I can see there are no important files in the Trash, nor any that I've locked (however that's done).

Any ideas please?

You can try this, it's an AppleScript compiled by our very own awesome Walrus666. Just press Run in the top left of the window that opens and enter your Admin Username/Password when prompted.

You can save it to your HD if you think it's solved your issue.

Reaction score

Hi Spawn_Dooley,

Thanks so much, that worked a treat :)

You guys rock ... you sorted my MacKeeper problem earlier today, and now this and with such simple and straight-forward solutions.

Quick and easy - makes me really glad to have made the switch to Mac. Keep up the good work - I'd buy you and Walrus666 several pints if you were down the local!

Cheers, JH

Ask a Question