Trash won't empty!

Reaction score
Hi i just registered today and I've been noticing for the last few weeks that my trash won't empty. When I click "Empty Securely", which is the only option, it says that there are some locked items in the trash and it asks me if I want to delete all items or unlocked items. If I choose either one, it prepares to empty the trash and then just disappears, leaving the trash untouched. I suspect that it is a Time Machine file that is the locked item and/or causes this. I tried to take it out of the trash, but it only copies itself to wherever it drag it to. I should also disclose that I use a late-2008 aluminum MacBook and OS X Lion. Help me out ASAP because my hard drive is almost full and the only way I know to make more space for it is to delete files!

Reaction score
a Time Machine file
what does this mean?

Sounds like you don't have permission to delete that file, which usually means you shouldn't be trying to delete it.

have you emptied your iPhoto trash?

Ask a Question