[SOLVED] Re: quicktime media player

Reaction score
My friend has had no problem watching her videos on a certain website until a few days ago. It has completely disappeared as she no longer can access videos on that particular website. Can you please tell me what she can do to get the videos functioning again?

Thank You

Reaction score
Re: quicktime media player

Hello,
Is anyone else having trouble viewing these videos?
Can you provide a link to these videos?
Which operating system is your friend running?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score

Also any error messages your friend receives could help ....

Reaction score

My friend has Macbook ; OS 10.58...and screen stays white...http//:rtr-planeta.ru, and no video, however she gets video on other websites just fine. She has installed & reinstalled quicktime several times, lower mb's than what it is....(5 or 6 MB instead of 70 or 80 MB of actual quicktime 7).
Hope this helps....

Thanks.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score

I tried that URL :

http//:rtr-planeta.ru

But it takes me to nowheresville?

Reaction score

My friend has all the above applications already downloaded & installed.....

Thank You

Reaction score

I checked out the link and was able to view the movies but there was a catch. Firstly, if your friend didn't have the required plug-in she would have noticed text on the movie player saying that "You don't have the required plug-in"(or something similar). From what I experienced, when the movie player opened and I immediately clicked on the play arrow, the movie wouldn't play. When I waited for a minute or two until an image appeared in the movie player, and then clicked the play arrow, the movie played. So, perhaps a little patience could be the solution. If not, it certainly wouldn't hurt to make sure that all of her software (including plug-ins) have been updated. Running a good maintenance app could be beneficial as well.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score

You did better than I, Walrus666 ... I tried Google Translate and while the text was translated, there were no images, only little blue boxes with question marks in them ?

Reaction score

Hi Spawn,
How did you access the movie player?
I clicked on the blue circle with the white arrow, towards the top right of the page.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score

I was eventually able to watch some video after your above post Walrus666 ... other than an out of date version of Flip4Mac, I had no troubles ....

To the OP, does your friend have the latest version of Safari? (ver 5)

Reaction score

Thanks for all you help people.....all set with getting video issue straighted out...kudos to all your help!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score

Thanks for all you help people.....all set with getting video issue straighted out...kudos to all your help!

Just out of curiosity, mrr107, can you tell us exactly what was the fix in the end?

Ask a Question