[SOLVED] leopord missing coverflow where is it?

Reaction score
Hi

i recently installed leopard and i do not see that 4th button to the right
Where the cover flow is supose to be.

Can someone please explain to me?
how do i get that new effect.or is it a matter of updating.

Am i to assume i have to buy the upgrade disk 10.5? to see this extra feature
i read somewhere that you can not upgrade form 10.3 from the update menu.

Thank You'

Reaction score
Re: leopord missing coverflow where is it?

Yup, you can only update within a major version, major being 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), and so on. Thus you can freely update from eg. 10.4.2 to 10.4.11, but not to 10.5.2, you have to get to an Apple retailer and buy a disc with Leopard.

Just be sure your computer can handle the extra requirements brought with a newer version than what you already have, especially seeing how 10.3 to 10.5 is quite a step.

Reaction score
Re: leopord missing coverflow where is it?

I understand now about the DMG files

Thanks

My mistake

i do have 10.4.11
but would like to somehow get cover flow in finder
i see it in itunes but not in finder
i downloaded cover flow as a dmg but dont know how to use it

Thank You

[
quote=Daydreamer;20835]Yup, you can only update within a major version, major being 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), and so on. Thus you can freely update from eg. 10.4.2 to 10.4.11, but not to 10.5.2, you have to get to an Apple retailer and buy a disc with Leopard.

Just be sure your computer can handle the extra requirements brought with a newer version than what you already have, especially seeing how 10.3 to 10.5 is quite a step.[/quote]

karazelle

Reaction score
Coverflow in Finder is not designed to work outside of Leopard. It is a Leopard feature built into MacOS X 10.5.

Ask a Question