[SOLVED] iChat? Help please...

Reaction score
Ok so I am on iChat, aol instant messenger. My friend doesn't have a webcam (yet) and I want to talk to her through my webcam on my macbook pro. Can I do this? or not? i remember my friend talking to me through his webcam when I didn't have one but I was on my PC. If someone could guide me through this or help me at all I would really appreciate it.

karazelle

Reaction score
Re: iChat? Help please...

Technically yes you should be able to. iChat uses the AIM protocol, and it "should" work if your friend use iChat (obviously), AOL AIM or Trillian. How she goes about in her program to see your webcam I cannot tell you unfortunately, but I remember that AIM compatibility was a big thing when it was originally launched in Panther.

Reaction score
Re: iChat? Help please...

Hello House289!

When you right click or control click on your friend's name, you should see a One Way Video chat button. Click that and your friend should be able to see you just fine. Let us know if this works for you.

Cheerio
Searay

***EDIT*** Make sure your friend has a microphone as well.

Ask a Question