sign in page mystery person!

Reaction score
Hello Forum,
I usually don't turn off my MacBook Pro unless I need to. A few days ago after restarting I noticed a third sign in possibility! I'll include a screenshot. I can turn off the guest sign in from preferences. But how do I get rid of this other sign in access? Is this due to an update that I'm unaware of. I ran disk utility and everything is fine with the computer... Please advise.
Thanks. HK

LWScreenShot-2020-10-21-at-8.49.51-AM-Small.jpg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You will see the Other... user choice if you have enabled the root user, or have your Mac bound to Active Directory/Open Directory to allow network user login in the Users & Groups preference pane.

C

Reaction score
Thank you Cory.
I'll try to explore your information.
Do mean if I'm managing website updating...?
Best health wishes,
HK

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Let us know what you find, and we'll be happy to help from there.

You stay healthy and safe as well!

C

Reaction score
Thanks again Cory.
Here are two images of my Users & Groups preference pane. There is no indication of a user other than Guest!
I have been working on developing a html website, and downloaded Wordpress before going the html route. Could it be related to that, like activating Bitnami?
Please advise. HK

Screen-Shot-2020-10-21-at-1.44.36-PM.jpg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry,

Click the Login Options at the bottom left of that window. It may ask you to authenticate with your password. Then, upload a screenshot of that.

The root user is a bit more difficult to verify, so we'll see what the Login Options section looks like first.

C

Reaction score
Thank you, Cory.
I don't have issues managing signing in as myself or enable or disabling the guest feature. I'm only puzzled by the OTHER. It must have something to do with Bitnami and Wordpress. My MacMail is acting up so I thought perhaps related to having been hacked while searching web archive for old files.
HK

Ask a Question