Suddenly I can't sign into my bank or AMEX

Reaction score
I have used this laptop to sign into these accounts for a couple of years and now suddenly for the past few days I cannot get to the login page for Wells Fargo or American Express.
On both sites I keep getting the error messages like https://global.american.com/login/en-US? noRedirect=true&DestPage=%2Factivity%2Frecent"
If anyone has ideas I need the HELP

Mike

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That is strange, as that is not part of AMEX or Wells Fargo's websites.

-Are you using a VPN of any kind?
-Have you tried deleting any bookmarks you may have for them, and navigating to their sites directly?
-Have you cleared out the browsing history in the browser - Safari, Chrome, Firefox?
-Have you tried another browser?
-Have you installed anything recently?
-Any other sites giving you trouble?

It may be wise to download, install, and run Malwarebytes for Mac, just in case you have some malware.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That is strange, as that is not part of AMEX or Wells Fargo's websites.

-Are you using a VPN of any kind?
-Have you tried deleting any bookmarks you may have for them, and navigating to their sites directly?
-Have you cleared out the browsing history in the browser - Safari, Chrome, Firefox?
-Have you tried another browser?
-Have you installed anything recently?
-Any other sites giving you trouble?

It may be wise to download, install, and run Malwarebytes for Mac, just in case you have some malware.

C
Hi and thanks for adding me.
Not using a VPN.
I have tried deleting the bookmarks, also tried going directly to sites and through duckduckgo.
So far as I can see that is the only sites I have a problem with.
I'm going to try deleting browsing history and running Malwarebytes.
Will let you know how that works.
Thanks
Mike.

Ask a Question