Signs of Ageing?

Reaction score
I have a 27" iMac which I bought in May 2012 and am having problems with it at the moment.

Some websites are slow to open and freeze occasionally and I have to keep restarting the Mac at least once a day. I sometimes can't click on "restart" and have to press the off switch at the back. I switch it on again and it's all fine for about 30 mins.

It's been like this for several months but it's worse today and getting to be a nuisance.

Is it possible these are the signs of ageing?

I am going to do a complete reinstallation to factory settings and see if that clears it. If not then perhaps a new Mac is necessary.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Peter

elb

Reaction score
Have you tried blowing out the air vents? I had to swap out a HD on my old 21" and I was shocked at how much dust had clogged the vents.

elb

Reaction score
Slot on top and grill on bottom. With power off I used a vacuum and a fresh paint brush to clear them. I used the vac hose from a distance and gently brushed the vents. I didn't want to get too aggressive with the vac as I know they build static.

Ask a Question