Wifi signal boost help

Reaction score
My new wifi router seems a bit weak..

Its an NBN standard peace so no surprise...

I have one room that gets poor signal quality though there is a n ethernet port in that room but its nice not to be tethered.

Is there a reliable quality product i can plug into that ethernet port to make good the wifi in that area ?

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

NBN is the Australian National Broadband Network, correct?

Wi-Fi signal strength can be affected by numerous things: distance, Wi-Fi router capabilities, structure materials, etc. Depending on the router you have, you may be able to either relocate it more centrally or possibly add a Wi-Fi extender.

What brand/model is the router, and do you have access to its configuration settings?

C

Reaction score
Hi and thank you Cory.
Yes NBN is what you say and will be the only network available in Australia soon which is a step backwards for many like me.
My router is in a cupboard next to my patch panel which takes ethernet ports to all rooms.
There is just one room that seems to get a poor signal.
I was hoping there would be a device that i could plug into the ethernet port in that room that would make good the signal.

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

I wonder if part of your Wi-Fi signal is getting blocked by having the router in a cupboard. I have definitely seen issues when routers are not out in the open, and are partially/fully blocked by cabinetry. Maybe try running it outside the cupboard and see if that helps.

You may be able to add an extender or even another small Wi-Fi device in the other room. But, it can sometimes be a bit tricky, depending on the main router.

C

Ask a Question