Short cut Keys for Newbie

Reaction score
Im looking to soften my transition from PC to Mac.
I have the new imac intel, running osx latest.

question:
1. what is the mac equivalent of using the shift & control keys when selecting items. on PC shift allows you to select a range & teh cntrl key allows you to select multiple items of your choice. any equivalent options on mac?

2. right click on pc: is there a way to emulate this on the mac, or is it not needed. hate to say I miss it.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there maddog and welcome !

1) depending on whether you are in list or icon mode...

In a list view shift click one...then shift click further down the list to select all in between.

In Icon view click and hold down...then drag over the icons you want to select !

2) Right click... Hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard and click...this should be the same as a right click...

If you want you can plug in your old PC mouse (if it's USB) and the Mac should recognize it...then you will have your two buttons back !

Welcome to the Mac world !

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
...If you shift click a group of say 10... but you want to unselect some...hold down the command key (the one with the Apple logo on it) and click the ones you don't want...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question