Problems with shortcut keys??

Reaction score
I started a new job and I am using a Mac and there are so many bugs.

The main thing is that about half of the time when I hit the up arrow, or when I type shift plus any of the numbers 1-9 at the top of the keyboard, the screen shrinks down and I see all of the other pages in mini-form. I don't even know what that is called. It's what happens normally when you use the F4 key. It is really annoying. I have to hit escape to get my screen back.

Also, Command plus 'c', which is usually used to copy, does not work. To copy, you have to right click and then select 'copy'.

Maybe the person who had this computer before me messed with it before he left? Maybe he programmed in shortcuts?

Please help. I can barely use this computer.

Reaction score
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you using?

3. Is it correct to assume that there are no backups to an external device?

4. From this: "Maybe the person who had this computer before me messed with it before he left? Maybe he programmed in shortcuts?". It appears the Mac is supplied by your employer. Do they have an IT department who can help you?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Try this,

• System Preferences ~> Keyboard ~> Keyboard Tab ~> Click the Modifier Keys button ~> Restore Defaults
  • System Preferences ~> Keyboard ~> Shortcuts Tab ~> Restore Defaults

Ask a Question