Safari freezes after update to 10.4.11

Reaction score
Hi all,

I installed the software update today that took my Mac Mini 1.83 GHz 1.5GB to version 10.4.11.

I restarted, and now when I try to navigate in Safari 3.0.4, nothing happens. If I click on a bookmark, the address bar just stays blank, and if I type a URL, the blue progress bar just goes to about 1 inch in from the left.

Any ideas why?

I've restarted twice, and tried to reinstall Safari. However, from Firefox, the Safari download page only gives me the option to download Safari for Windows.

Any suggestions on what to do would be much appreciated (aside from reinstalling from CD, as I don't want to lose all my plug-ins etc.).

Cheers,

Mark.

Reaction score
Cheers, but that link just re-directs to the Apple Safari download site (and the download site for the Windows version)... any other ideas?

Mark

Reaction score
Hi, I tried reinstalling the software from my CD, and it has successfully installed version 2. However, when running the software update, it does not recognise that Safari needs updating (to version 3). This leads me to suspect that the problem is something to do with the WebKit, which is something that I do not know anything about. Do you?

I hope someone can help,

Mark.

Reaction score
I just tried going to the Apple downloads site using Firefox in Rosetta mode, and it still comes up with the Windows download page.

Somehow I don't think it's to do with Safari itself, but the engine (WebKit) behind it.

<stress episode>This is annoying me now! I have so much work to do, and this is taking so much time to sort out - Apple's are just supposed to work (and I'm not saying this as a naive user), and this one is not. </stress episode>

Reaction score
Have you tried to repair permissions in disc utility. Try that , reboot then try to download . Or go to a friends house, download from a pc to disc or to USB stick and load that way.
Other than that can you reload 10.4.10

Ask a Question