Safari freezes in Facebook

Reaction score
Almost every time I go to Facebook, the computer freezes. I have to exit and close Safari and then re-open. all other sites seem fine - it's just Facebook that is the problem. My computer is a MacBook Air. Version 10.8.5
I have not upgraded the operating system to Yosemite or El Capitain because I have heard that Finale is not compatible. Could this be the problem?

Reaction score
Finale 2014 is compatible with Yosemite (OS 10.10.5):

http://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale/resources/system-requirements/

If you do upgrade to Yosemite, you can also use the latest version of Safari, V 9.0.1:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15675/apple-safari

However, before upgrading, you will need to get ready for that. It will involve:

1. Insuring that all of your third party software is compatible with Yosemite.

2. Having a backup of your current system on an external device. Time Machine is OK< but something like SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner is better.

3. Your current system should be as "mean and clean" as possible.

When you are ready to proceed, let us know, and we can hwlp you through the process.

By the way, what specific MacBook Air model do you have? I have a mid-2013 13" MacBook Air, and it performs very well.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have you tried resetting Safari …. from the Safari menu, you'll be logged out of all websites so make sure you have your log-in info

Reaction score
Almost every time I go to Facebook, the computer freezes. I have to exit and close Safari and then re-open. all other sites seem fine - it's just Facebook that is the problem. My computer is a MacBook Air. Version 10.8.5
I have not upgraded the operating system to Yosemite or El Capitain because I have heard that Finale is not compatible. Could this be the problem?
I am quite sure there is an app in the mac app store for Facebook or just try to resetting safari ^^^^ (above)
But if that is not a big app or not major you can try restarting your mac :)

Hope i helped :):cool:;)o_O:D:p:confused:

Reaction score
I am quite sure there is an app in the mac app store for Facebook or just try to resetting safari ^^^^ (above)
But if that is not a big app or not major you can try restarting your mac :)

Hope i helped :):cool:;)o_O:D:p:confused:
Thanks for the suggestion I will try that.

Reaction score
Finale 2014 is compatible with Yosemite (OS 10.10.5):

http://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale/resources/system-requirements/

If you do upgrade to Yosemite, you can also use the latest version of Safari, V 9.0.1:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15675/apple-safari

However, before upgrading, you will need to get ready for that. It will involve:

1. Insuring that all of your third party software is compatible with Yosemite.

2. Having a backup of your current system on an external device. Time Machine is OK< but something like SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner is better.

3. Your current system should be as "mean and clean" as possible.

When you are ready to proceed, let us know, and we can hwlp you through the process.

By the way, what specific MacBook Air model do you have? I have a mid-2013 13" MacBook Air, and it performs very well.
Sounds like I have the same model as you and I love it. I know I need to bite the bullet and upgrade my operating system. I never did Yosemite so can I now bypass it and go right to El Capitan? I know that Finale 2008 will be toast but that's a separate issue. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I would upgrade to Yosemite first. It is a stable OS, and the last version, OS 10.10.5, is the one you should upgrade to.

El Capitan is so far OK, although there is nothing "earth shattering" in it for my purposes. I guess if one uses mostly Apple software, it might make a difference. For Safari, though, even though it includes V9.0, as I mentioned above, V9.0.1 is out, and can be used with Yosemite. I actually have not seen any noticeable speed improvement in OS 10.11.1 over OS 10.10.5, although that was one of the "features" mentioned about El Capitan.

There are still some issues with OS 10.10.1 (none noticeable to me), and Apple has already seeded the third beta of Version 1011.2 to developers. According to the "presses":

"Testers have been asked to focus on Wi-Fi, USB, Mail, Calendar, Notes, Photos, USB, graphics, networking, and Spotlight."

Ask a Question