Reconneting to Network drive

Reaction score
I hope someone here can help me out

Network setup:

2 Desktop PCs (connection: wire) (Win XP SP2)
1 Laptop PC (connection: wireless) (Win XP SP2)
1 Macbook Pro (connection: wireless) running Mac OSX 10.4.9
Asus 500gp Router (using original firmware not WRT) with a USB hard drive (FAT32) attached to it
1 Brother HL-1435 wirelessly connected to the router using

I have a macbook that I usually use to access the NAS on the router but every time I try to access it I have to go to

Network -> mshome -> <file server>

Every time I have to reboot I have to always manually connect to the File server again if I want to access my files there. Are there any solutions that will automatically map the drive in “My Computer” on Mac OS X like Windows XP? I have tried using Automator but I still couldn’t get it to work.

I have tried System Preferences -> Sharing and made sure Windows Sharing and File Sharing is Active and went to Firewall Tab to make sure those 2 items are also checked. The Network Drive is not password protected so authenticate shouldn’t be require, but it still prompt to authenticate.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

the easiest way I can think of...

Mount the drives in your usual way, then once they are on the desktop, open System Preferences-->Accounts-->Login Items

Now drag the icon of each drive to that window pane...

Now when ever you restart the drives should mount automatically.

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
oops wrong movie !

I'll see if I can find the right one !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hey Ric,

Thanks for your response. I'll try your suggestion when I get home from work and try to connect to my network drive.

Ken

Ask a Question