Connecting My 1400c to Wireless network

Reaction score
Hi All, back from the Holidays. I purchased a Proxim 802.11b Wifi PCMCIA Card with Software.
My Powerbook 1400c is running MacOS 8.0. So I loaded the software and inserted the card.
This put an icon on my desktop that opens the Wireless configuration. It found the wireless
network but showed no signal strength. When I list wireless networks it finds a number of
networks in my area including mine. But the program freezes. The directions say I need to
open up AppleTalk and TCP/IP control panels and choose the Wireless network card. But it is
not listed in the control panels. So is there something I should turn on or off to make the
control panels find the card? The information says it's compatible with my machine and 7.5.5
or higher. Appreciate any help or advise.
Brad Hansen

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-What is the exact model of the Proxim card?
-Can you link the documentation for it?

C

Reaction score
C,
Doesn't give a model number: Proxim Skyline...802.11b pc card

Couldn't link the manual, but here is the quick start quide.

Attachments

• SkylinePC_QuickStart.pdf
    144.5 KB · Views: 452
Reaction score
Hi all, Just wanted to let you know that after two weeks of struggling with wireless internet I
abandoned that and finally got connected using ethernet. Here is a link to the page that
has all the instructions and software for connecting with a Linksys III ethernet card.
http://www.floodgap.com/retrotech/mac/enet3c589/
Cheers and thanks for all the help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Excellent..thanks for letting us know.

I didn't see any good info about getting the Proxim card to work. The 3COm Etherlink III card would be much faster and more stable than a Wi-Fi card, at the expense of portability.

C

Ask a Question