SOLVED podcasts no longer downloading to iPod nano properly

Reaction score
I have pared down my podcast list to 14, all are set to only keep newest 5 or 3 episodes - after I was told cannot sync because of space, I also deleted the few bits of music on iPod.
I have an apple mac pro fully updated to the latest big sur. Nothing has worked well following the division of podcasts from music. When plug in I find my iPod in music then ask for it to be synced and highlight the podcasts list which, incidentally, is not showing all the podcasts in my list.
It then does a very quick sync and no longer downloads all I have requested has been known to give me some extremely old podcasts from last year or before. I also seem to have lost the little blue dot that signified played unplayed.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model MacBook Pro?
-Which model iPod?
-Which version of iOS on the iPod?
-How much free space is available on the iPod?

C

Reaction score
Hello many thanks for your reply

-Mac OS Big Sur vers. 11.4 Macbook Pro retina15" mid 2015 22GHz quad core intelcor 17

- iPod nano 3.58 GB 3.74 GB available software version 1.13 says it is up to date

Having looked that u,p podcasts app is refusing to open again whilst all control of loading iPod still goes through music.
The lists of podcasts to update does not include all that I have and still includes the name of one that I have stopped following and endeavoured to delete.
Will now restart laptop to see if "podcasts" recovers!

Sue

Reaction score
Currently the clear problem is that apple music is not taking all the information of the podcasts I want to follow from the podcasts app and it insists on retaining one podcast that I have deleted from my following list.
It does download the podcasts it chooses on to the iPod.
Following my most recent download many things have changed on the iPod, from menu's etc. It has selected more podcasts maybe next time it will have sorted itself. I will keep the thread posted!

Sue

Last edited:
Reaction score
Having found the 'downloaded' section on the podcast app, I could see the programmes I had chosen that had not been downloaded and one programme I thought I had deleted was still there and it was the same list of podcasts that showed in music when the iPod was attached.

I have no idea why the automatic download of new episodes seems to have stopped, but the manual request and some removing and replacing programmes seems to have solved the issue and I now expect the iPod to continue to download the requests podcasts.

So basically not the iPod, but the podcast app behaving strangely!

Reaction score
Hi,
sorry for posting here again. I have the same problem, but cannot find a solution.
There are new posdcasts in the Podcast-App, but they don't appear in the sync-window of the Finder. Therefore, they will also not be copied to my iPod. I had this problem already in the summer, but somehow could solve it (but I forgot how). Now it is again not working. Very annoying.
Any idea what could help?
Best
N

Ask a Question