Podcasts app problems on Catalina.

Reaction score
Catalina 10.15.1, Podcasts Version 1.0.0 (1420.34):

Podcasts Problem #1:

I can’t play my podcasts in both my iMac and in my HomePod. https://support.apple.com/guide/podcasts/choose-speakers-pod500a9056/mac says I should be able to do so, saying “You can select more than one checkbox to play audio through multiple sources.”, but I can either select “Bedroom” or “Howard Brazee’s Computer (8)”, but not both.

My Music app gives me the choice of “Computer” or “Bedroom”, and I can check both.

Podcasts Problem #2

I can't figure out how to get rid of podcasts that I have already played that are in my "unplayed" station. In iTunes, they would disappear. But they are still in my unplayed station.

I just hope they fixed the ancient iTunes bug where podcasts that I just downloaded and played yesterday get marked as I haven't played them for a while.

I just checked the “Most Recent” station and found 2 newer podcasts which haven’t been played yet. I played them and they disappeared.

Podcasts Problem #3

I took a walk and was listening to music on my AirPods (either Apple Watch of iPhone, I’m not sure which). I double clicked my AirPods to talk with someone, and when I double clicked again, it started playing one of the podcasts I finished on my iMac from the beginning.

When I got back to the Mac and checked “Most Recent”, it showed that podcast again, shown as barely started to play!!!! I played it again, only this time on my Apple Watch, and when I got home, it was gone from this station.

Podcasts Want:

I really want to only play unplayed podcasts, and to continue with my current podcast going from device to device.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

As I mentioned in your other post about podcast issues, I am testing out scenarios and will get back to you.

C

Ask a Question