Podcasts not synchronizing across devices

Reaction score
I normally listen to podcasts on iTunes on my Mac. Today I wanted to finish listening to a podcast on my iPhone/Apple Watch/AirPods. I found the podcast on my phone and started to play it. Unfortunately, it started at the start. When it finished, it continued with an older episode of that podcast. When I got back home, I found iTunes had 6 earlier episodes of that podcast in my "unplayed" smart playlist. I have listened to them before.

iTunes has "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings" checked.
My iPhone & iPad have in Settings/Podcasts "Sync Podcasts" turned on, to refresh every 1 hour, and download only new episodes.

How do I synchronize podcasts so that I don't have these problems?

Reaction score
I turned off "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings" on iTunes and rebooted, then turned it on again. I will be out of town when my Friday podcasts arrive, so I won't be able to test it for a week. If that doesn't work, I'll do the same thing with the settings on my iPhone & iPad.

Reaction score
I guess I didn't turn off "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings". Every time I try, I close preferences, then open it again, that is checked!!!

Ask a Question