Podcasts not synchronizing across devices

Howard Brazee

Reaction score
I normally listen to podcasts on iTunes on my Mac. Today I wanted to finish listening to a podcast on my iPhone/Apple Watch/AirPods. I found the podcast on my phone and started to play it. Unfortunately, it started at the start. When it finished, it continued with an older episode of that podcast. When I got back home, I found iTunes had 6 earlier episodes of that podcast in my "unplayed" smart playlist. I have listened to them before.

iTunes has "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings" checked.
My iPhone & iPad have in Settings/Podcasts "Sync Podcasts" turned on, to refresh every 1 hour, and download only new episodes.

How do I synchronize podcasts so that I don't have these problems?

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

Not sure why that wouldn't sync.

Listen with Apple Podcasts

Sounds like you have all the settings set correctly. Maybe try changing a few settings then change them back to "refresh"?

C

Howard Brazee

Reaction score
I turned off "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings" on iTunes and rebooted, then turned it on again. I will be out of town when my Friday podcasts arrive, so I won't be able to test it for a week. If that doesn't work, I'll do the same thing with the settings on my iPhone & iPad.

Ad

Advertisements

Howard Brazee

Reaction score
I guess I didn't turn off "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings". Every time I try, I close preferences, then open it again, that is checked!!!

Ask a Question