iTunes stops updating podcasts

Reaction score
I have to check my podcasts on iTunes daily because I often get subscribed podcasts that error off with inaccurate messages saying:

iTunes has stopped updating this podcast because you have
not listened to any episodes recently. Would you like to
resume updating this podcast?

This happens with any podcasts, including those which I get and listen to 5 days per week.

I do listen to them from a smart playlist that has media that have not been listened to.

I've had this issue for years, sometimes it will happen multiple times in a week, other times I can go a month or more without this error.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

I have the same issue, and it is intermittent as well. Sometimes iTunes will automatically refresh my subscribed podcasts, sometime it doesn't. In addition, this has been a widely reported issue for years.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a viable solution to this for iTunes, and there aren't any other podcatcher apps currently for OS X. There are several for iOS, like Overcast, which is rated the best podcatcher app for iOS. But, it includes ads, which are a pain to deal with.

C

Ask a Question