Can't give star rating to song in iTunes

Reaction score
I noticed that I have a song on iTunes that I cannot give a star rating to. The stars are grayed out. So I went to my iPad & iPhone to see if I could rate it there. The music apps didn't have that song.

I believe that song is from my iCloud music library. (After the Lovin’ by Englebert Humperdinck)

So how do I un-gray the stars in that song?

Why don't I see that song on my iDevices?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Is the song only in the iCloud Music Library, or is it also local in your iTunes Library?
-Is it a song you purchased or added manually?

C

Reaction score
I think that is a song I added manually from "All Apple Music". I don't know how to tell which library it is in, it doesn't have a cloud next to it in iTunes.

Reaction score
After a couple of weeks: The song I can’t get to rate on iTunes, which I couldn’t get to sync to my iDevices is “After the Lovin’” by After the Lovin’. I just went to my iPad and downloaded it there from Apple Music and gave it a star rating. The star rating immediately took on my iTunes when I couldn’t do it there before. It also showed up on my iPhone.

So I don't know what was wrong - some kind of bug, but the work-around got rid of the problem.

Reaction score
After a couple of weeks: The song I can’t get to rate on iTunes, which I couldn’t get to sync to my iDevices is “After the Lovin’” by After the Lovin’. I just went to my iPad and downloaded it there from Apple Music and gave it a star rating. The star rating immediately took on my iTunes when I couldn’t do it there before. It also showed up on my iPhone.

So I don't know what was wrong - some kind of bug, but the work-around got rid of the problem.

Oops! I think you meat to say “After the Lovin’” by Englebert Humperdinck (or at least that is what you said in your first post above.

Ask a Question