iMac can't start

Reaction score
Hi,
Need help, have problem with my iMac,
My iMac can't start, when 'on' the start button, it appeared white screen for a while and apple logo came out followed by logo that looks like no entry sign. These two logos toggle between each other forever. What could be the causes:confused: Thanks for any help.:)

iMac spec:
24' 2.8 core 2 Duo
500 TB HDD
3 GB Ram 667 DDR2
OS Snow leopard

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What were you doing prior to this? Are you trying to install an OS? A little more information about what you have or are in the middle of doing might help.

This type of issue can be seen when trying to upgrade/install Mac OS while using the wrong type of install media.

Anyway, you need to provide some further info ;)

Reaction score
Hi Marty,
Thanks for your response,

2 days before I installed 1 pcs. of 2gb 667 ram.
A day before I installed a 500 gb Seagate Free Agent Go Flex external hard drive.
I set to Paragon NTFS to enable the drive to be use on Mac & PC. It works fine after the installation, but problem occured the next time I ON the machine.
I explored the the setup folder but couldn't remember what I had done to the setup. Is the problem serious ? Any way to get back to OS ?
Thanks for your help. :)

p.s. Typo error, internal hard disk is 500 GB. not TB :eek:

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
So ... you have recently installed Mac OS X ? Can you describe the disc/s labels? You have installed an internal HD or external HD?

Reaction score
Hi,
I didn't installed or upgrade Mac OS X.
Recently I installed Seagate 500gb external hard drive (usb 2.0 plug & play)
Could it be the external hard drive caused the fault ?
Thanks.

Ask a Question