Does start up, can't log in MacBook Pro

Reaction score
So as the title says: I can't login, it i'll start but I can't login. I get the spinning wheel and the mouse turns into our rainbow spinning wheel and they just kept spinning until I shut it down after more than a half hour.

What happened: I was working and suddenly out of the blue it reboots and after the start sounds it reboots again and after that I wasn't able to log in anymore.

This is my last hope since I tried everything I could find, things like:
- Safe modes
- Disk utility/repair
- SMC reboot
- cmd r
- fsck -fy
- PRAM reset
- and many more

but nothing worked, so please I need some help!!

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model of MacBook Pro?
-Which version of OS X?
-How much free space is on the HD?

This can happen if the OS becomes corrupted, there isn't enough free HD space, or there is a hardware issue with HD/cable/logic board/RAM. We'll see if we can help you narrow it down.

C

Reaction score
MacBook Pro from 2011,15 Inch, I think the 2.7 GHz, 500GB
Latest OS X (updated around a week ago)
Around 140GB free space

Reaction score
So, just to confirm, you are running the latest version of Yosemite, OS 10.10.3?

Reaction score
OK, hopefully with the Yosemite installation, the Recovery partition was created, along with the associated software. Start up your Mac, but hold down the Command and R keys. This will boot the machine into the Recovery Partition. From there, you can use Apple's Disk Utility to 1) Verify and Repair the disk at the Volume level, ie, top level, and 2) Verify and Repair Permissions, and Verify and Repair the disk, at the partition level. This link discusses this Recovery Partition:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

Hopefully, that will cure your issues.

Ask a Question