MAC PPC G5 Tiger OS X version 10.4.11 does not start.

Reaction score
Please help me out !
My MAC PPC G5 Tiger OS X version 10.4.11 does not start.
Something like 1 minute after I click on the start button the fan(s) start blowing as mad and that's all.
No start chime is heard, the screen remains black with no error message is diplayed.
Unplugging the computer and waiting for a few minutes before re-starting as well as disconnecting
external hard disks are to no avail. I also tried to start with the Install disk. I tried the same with the Disk Warrior.
Nothing.
I use my MACfor teaching. My students' work is inaccessible. I am at a loss.
Can someone please help ?
Sincerely
Sally (a distressed video teacher)

Reaction score
Hi Sally,

Feel this is possibly a hard drive failure, would personally book a GB appointment at your nearest Apple store, have you been backing up regularly?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I assume it is a white iMac G5 that you are talking about? If so, unfortunately those Macs are vintage now and cannot be serviced at the Genius Bar in Apple Stores. You would probably have better luck going to a third-party Apple Authorized Service Center or shop.

It sounds more to me like a logic board issue, since you tried booting several ways. If it is, there is a chance that the HD will accessible, but you won't know until a technician takes a look at the Mac and the HD.

Good luck,

C

Ask a Question