Why does iTunes show podcasts as "Not subscribed"?

Reaction score
Forever, when I go to look at my podcasts under "Playlists", I see a list of my podcasts, and they all say "Not subscribed". This includes podcasts that usually (but not always) show up when new podcasts are created. When I look at the podcast settings, the Subscribed button has "Off (x ) On", where the x is a lock. I can't move this switch.

I look at this screen every day to make sure that iTunes hasn't decided that I shouldn't be subscribed to a podcast (in which case there's an error icon next to the podcast.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of iTunes?
-Are you signed into the iTunes Store?

C

Reaction score
I've had this problem with lots of upgrades of OSX and of iTunes. I always keep current and am at 10.11.4 & 12.3.3.17. When I click on the face icon in iTunes, it shows me logged in.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.20.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.20.42 AM.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 473

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Some of my podcasts show the same thing. I have read numerous reports of this around the Internet. The lock usually means that the podcast is no longer active and posting new episodes, thus cannot be subscribed to. However, the podcasts in your list all show as active. Maybe they changed their feed?

I will dig around some more and see if I can come up with an answer.

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Some of my podcasts show the same thing. I have read numerous reports of this around the Internet. The lock usually means that the podcast is no longer active and posting new episodes, thus cannot be subscribed to. However, the podcasts in your list all show as active. Maybe they changed their feed?

I will dig around some more and see if I can come up with an answer.

C
I appreciate that, thanks.

Ask a Question