Why doesn't my iPod sync the "skip while shuffling" settings from my iTunes?

Reaction score
I've got several songs in my library that I don't want to play while in random/shuffle mode. In iTunes this is very easy to control. I just go to Get Info—> Options —> Skip While Shuffling. However, when I synchronize my iPod to my iTunes, this setting does not transfer over to my iPod. If I highlight my iPod while it is plugged into my computer, I go to Get Info for all the songs on my iPod, I can see that the "Skip While Shuffling" box is not checked. However everything is greyed out, I am unable to change any of these settings.

I've attached a screenshot of the problem here. This is a Christmas song I don't want to play on shuffle mode. But the Options screen is all greyed out. I can't change anything.
Screen+Shot+2013-03-11+at+10.33.22+AM.png

Reaction score
because its on a different device and thats a device specific setting. You may also find Equalizer Preset and Volume Adjustment don't transfer also.

Reaction score
@Kaveman,
Actually, I found that the Volume Adjustment settings DID transfer from my computer's iTunes to my iPod, so that's another reason why I was confused that the "Skip While Shuffling" settings didn't transfer.

But even if assuming what you're saying about device specific settings not transferring, I still am looking for an answer as to how to adjust the settings on my iPod. As I explained above, when I try to adjust the settings on the iPod through iTunes, all the controls are greyed out.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
When your iPod is connected via iTunes, you cannot edit those settings for songs on the iPod. Those settings are iTunes specific, not device specific.

C

Ask a Question