Apple Mail crashes 3-4x daily and doesn't refresh email properly- Please Help!

Reaction score
The mail program on my Macbook Pro crashes almost every time that I use it.

Symptoms:

When I want to turn my computer off or restart it the Mail program from Apple always stops me from restarting and the system says it's not responding - then I have to Force Quit Mail just to allow the computer to restart.

Mail is synced to my iPhone and my Macbook Pro. When I get a new message my phone will alert me and if I open my mail program the message will take sometimes more than a minute to appear. When I click on the new message it will take another minute or two to load the message.

I'm up to date with Apple updates. I've been using the Mail application for years and noticed these issues about six months ago. On my phone I've downloaded the Gmail application so that my mail works but there isn't a good Gmail application for macOS (that I'm aware of).

What I've tried

-I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of my three mail accounts more than 3x with no noticeable difference

Equipment

MacBook Pro mid 2015

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

This can be a tricky issue to resolve. It may be best to head to an Apple Store if you have one near you, as it is much easier to diagnose when you have hands-on access.

C

Ask a Question