Backup Apple Mail to my system

Reaction score
My Mac Mail account has a Gmail account and two accounts. One of the accounts is POP configured. I know I can gather the rest of the accounts from the server itself, yet I had liked to back up my mac mail account on the whole. Is that possible?

Thanks in Advance.

Reaction score
A couple of questions:

1. What exact Mac model are you using?

2. What exact Mac OS are you running?

3. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If you (hopefully) are, what software do you use for that.

If you are making backups, then your EMails are backed up also. But if either you are not making backups (real bad!), or you want a dedicated EMail backup program, Mail Backup X is excellent:

http://www.mailbackupx.com/

Some other folks on this site have had success using it.

Reaction score
Thanks for your concern Honestone. Mine is a MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.13.3. I was planning to get all my mails backed up [the POP ones, specially] before upgrading my OS. Your recommendation works like a charm. It got all my mails backed up correctly. To be frank, i was afraid if it could back my mails with the attachments, but it was way too ahead of that. In fact, all my mails were in the right folders too.
Thanks for recommending this wonderful tool.

goes your 200th Like ;-)

Reaction score
You are most welcome. Glad the software satisfied your needs.

Also, when you state you want to update the Mac OS, the latest version of High Sierra is V10.13.6. You are running V10.13.3. The easiest way to get to V10.13.6 is to download the OS 10.13.6 Combo Updater, available from here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1970?locale=en_US

However before you upgrade, it would be wise to 1) do as much disk cleanup, maintenance, and repairs, from a software perspective, as possible, and 2) make a backup to an external device, You are making backups (in addition to Mail Backup X), right?

Last edited:

Ask a Question