Selective Backup from Apple Mail Email Database, is it possible?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I run Apple Mail as my daily email client and I receive multiple emails on regular basis. One mistake that I made was that I kept my professional as well as personal email same. Now I have realized this mistake and after much searching and sorting, I have separated work-related emails from personal ones. No, I am looking to backup the personal email database only. How can I do this? I am not able to find a solution for this particular problem, would be very thankful if anyone of you could provide the solution. Thanks

Reaction score
Reaction score
I am trying that option but I cannot see any option to select the desired folder. It starts to back up the complete email database. There are other options also available, I had a go through all of them and found one option that was allowing me to backup selective emails/folders from the email database and that is http://www.mailbackupx.com/how-to-scenerios/how-to-backup-apple-mac-mail-mails-on-mac.html. I haven't tested the application yet, can you give your expert advice on this. It would be very helpful. Thanks

Reaction score
I think I have found the solution to my own query and that's Mail backup x app. I am so happy and proud that I did it myself. I was in need of doing the selective backup from months and I was not able to find any solutions. Luckily after posting on this forum and from the google search link above I landed on this tool called Mail backup X and was amazed by its performance and features. Thanks for the google link honestone.

Reaction score
You're most welcome! Glad you found a solution. That program, Mail Backup X, sounds like a winner, and maybe good to get.

Ask a Question