Home Pod doesn't see my Mac's playlists

Reaction score
I have a brand new Home Pod. I plan on subscribing to Apple Music, but wanted to get it working without it first.

I told Siri to play playlists on my Mac's iTunes (which are also on my iPad & iPad). It couldn't find them. I went to my Mac and could play the playlist on my Home Pod, and asked Siri on my Home Pod what playlist was playing, but it didn't know. My Home Pod could advance the song playing.

How do I control playlists from my Home Pod?

Reaction score
When I try to play one of my playlists using the syntax give, Siri tells me it can't find my playlist. "I can't find Practice in your music". I'm pretty sure the songs played are from my iTunes library. (But they still played when my iMac was turned off!!!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Three of my playlists are named "My Not Bad", "My Top Rated", and "Practice". I haven't figured out how to tell my Home Pod to play "My Not Bad", or "My Top Rated", but it finds "Practice" when I ask it to play that playlist.

I thought there was a way to tell Apple Music to play music that it figured I like, based upon my listening habits. I haven't discovered that way.

Ask a Question