Home Pod can only find some playlists on my iMac

Reaction score
Three of my playlists are named "My Not Bad", "My Top Rated", and "Practice". I haven't figured out how to tell my Home Pod to play "My Not Bad", or "My Top Rated", but it finds "Practice" when I ask it to play that playlist. Is that because the name of the playlist starts with "My"?

Also, I thought there was a way to tell Apple Music to play music that it figured I like, based upon my listening habits. I haven't discovered that way. I don't listen to much music on my iPad or iPhone, but noticed that since I signed up to Apple Music for my HomePod, there is a "For You" option on them. I don't see anything similar on my iMac's iTunes.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You could try removing the My from the titles of the playlists, and see if that fixes the issue.

The HomePod does indeed have more choices for music than iTunes does, due to the way Apple Music and Siri are integrated.

C

Reaction score
I renamed my "My Not Bad" smart playlist to "Not Bad" and made sure its rules did not reference another playlist. When I ask my Home Pod to play it, it picks songs I'm not familiar with.

When I tell my Home Pod to play my "My Top Rated" smart podcast, it plays from my "Rolling Stones top rated" smart playlist. Both "Not Bad" and "My Not Bad" are in a sub-folder.

I have two other playlists with the cloud on them - these are limited by size, which is probably the reason.

Ask a Question