Playing Podcasts on iTunes with bugs in the software.

Reaction score
I play podcasts on iTunes - two of which, I play 5 days a week. For a long time, I've had a problem where every week or two I don't get a podcast. (It doesn't show up in my unplayed smart playlist).

I check, and find the “!” - iTunes has stopped updating this podcast because you have not listened to any episodes recently. Would you like to resume updating this podcast?

I say yes, and that podcast renews. This bug has been around for a long time. Years?

Yesterday I had something new. I was playing a playlist and it stopped halfway through, as though I hadn't played it at all. When I selected it, it started at the start. I skipped to the middle, finished the podcast, but it remained in my smart playlist of music I haven't played. I marked it played. Today I listened to two podcasts in their entirety. One stayed in that playlist, the other apparently was marked as played. I had to manually mark that as played.

Do others have this problem too?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't run across this. Man, you have a lot of issues with podcasts. ;)

I will have to subscribe to a few and see if I can verify it for you.

C

Reaction score
I bit I care about is the old one about it thinking I haven't listened to podcasts in a while, which occurs every couple of weeks.

Ask a Question