Music playing unexpectedly

Reaction score
My Mac is a Retina 27 late 2014 with 32GB memory running El Capitan 10.11.6

Every so often unrequested music plays even when iTunes is turned off. I can turn off the sound from the keyboard but cannot discover where the music comes from. The only indication that may shed light on the origin is that the music is a selection of classical pieces, some are familiar, others not at all. I am a classical music fan so that might have some bearing on the origin of the selection - but it is definitely not my selection.

I have done a lot of searching in the literature but have not found an answer to the origin (and how I might control it!) - I do hope someone on Mac Help is able to solve my problem.

My thanks in anticipation!

Reaction score
Thanks Spawn for your speedy response with the note about the Apps - I usually have Mail, Notes and Photos running. Yesterday when the music started again there was a "commercial break" which has given me a clue; I feel sure it is a classical music radio station. How I managed to get that running in the background is still a mystery. I don't object to the music but would like to be in control of when I wish to hear it. Any suggestions will be very welcome.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question