Music is playing randomly, now in a loop

Reaction score
Hello!

I've had this issue for about a week or so now where this clip of music just begins playing. As to my knowledge, I have done nothing to start the clips. And just tonight a different clip of music (sounding like something from a video game) has begun playing with the original clip. For around 15-30 minutes these two clips were playing in a loop.

I asked my friend about it and he said it's an 'annoying virus', he tried to help me but isn't mac savvy. Thankfully, the virus hasn't been playing when I've been on my computer the entire time (I've been on for a few hours now) and hasn't played at its start up.

What I would really appreciate is someone directing me on where to find and delete this file that has it.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hello,
Have you installed an application or a Widget just prior to hearing these music clips?

Reaction score
You might want to uninstall these widgets for the time being. If these widgets aren't causing the problem, you can reinstall them. In addition, when this music begins playing, you might be able to find the culprit by opening the Activity Monitor app.

Reaction score
I've uninstalled both, so I'll just have to wait a bit, thanks for the idea.

What would be a good indicator for the source of the music to look for in the activity monitor?

Reaction score
You can narrow the search down by selecting "Active Processes" by clicking on the button adjacent to the search field on the upper right of the Activity Monitor's window. As long as the music plays, the process should be displayed steadily (Theoretically, anyway) as opposed to the display appearing, disappearing, and reappearing.

Reaction score
What were you doing when this problem happened again?
Also, can you send me the links to those two widgets?

Ask a Question